Good Morning Dear Friends
I hope you woke up to a bright Sunday morning and are looking forward to uniting with other believers to Praise and Worship God.
Please find below the Message I am preaching this morning at Buea Community Church. I hope it is a blessing to you.
At 2pm today, we begin in Buea, the first in a series of 4 conferences with Pastors all over Cameroon in 4 different cities in 4 different Regions of the country. Thank you for remembering us in your prayers. If you are moved to send a gift to support the work of the ministry, just let me know. have a blessed Sunday and week.
The Good and faithful Servant
There are 3 major gifts we have been given freely by God beside our salvation. They are Time, Talent (skill) and Treasure (money and material). Notice the 3 T’s.
- The Master trusted his 3 servants to entrust them with his wealth. V14. If you have received anything from God, be careful how you use it because it is an indication that God trusts you.
- Each one received what they were able to handle. V15. Don’t worry that God has not given you as much as he has given someone else. You have receive what you have received because God knows that how much you can handle right now. If you were to receive more than that, you would crash.
- two of three servants traded and so grew in their talents. V16-17. If you invest what God has give, it will grow and multiply and bless multitudes.
- One servant did not trade his talent and so did not experience any increase. V18. When you bury your talent, it dies.
- When the master finally returned, he required his servant to each give an account. V19-20. For every assignment, you will have to give an account to the one who gave you the assignment.
- The Lord rewards faithfulness, not the size of our work. Notice how the servants with 5 and two talents had the exact same recommendation: “Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful over a few things; I will make you ruler over many things. Enter into the joy of your lord.” V21-23. Until you are faithful in small things, you will never be put in charge of big things.
- The unproductive servant blamed his Master. V24-25. Those who are unproductive, always blame others.
- Evil and slothfulness (Laziness, Prov. 24.30-34) were responsible for his unproductivity. V26-27. Those who are unproductive often do not see themselves as the greatest cause of their unproductivity.
- Even the little the unproductive servant had was seized and given to the productive servant. V28-29. When you are unproductive in your assignment, God will simply take it away and give to someone else who is productive because God’s work MUST be done. None of us is indispensable to God.
- The unproductive servant ended up in eternal separation from God. V30. The ultimate consequence of a spiritually unproductive life is an eternity separated from God. Ay that never be your portion, in Jesus Name!
- Make sure you use/invest faithfully, whatever ‘gifts’ (Time, Talent, Treasure) the Lord has graciously given you.
- Remember that you will be reward not for the size of your work but for how faithful you were to your work.
- If you are unfaithful and slothful and consequently unproductive with what God has entrusted to you, he will take it away from you and give it to someone else who is faithful and productive.
After all is said and done, the heavenly welcome is ‘Welcome, thou good and faithful Apostle, Prophet, Evangelist, Pastor Teacher, Bishop, Reverend, Dr., Professor, Leader, Preacher, SERVANT!
You must be logged in to post a comment.